Tips on Using the City of Nuremberg Website
The following hints are intended to help you navigate our website and have quick and easy access to the information which is of interest to you.
Changing Font Size
You can easily scale all texts on our website, i.e. you can display them in a smaller or larger font size.
There are two ways of increasing or decreasing the font size:
- In your browser, select:
Internet Explorer: Display > Font Size
Firefox: Display > Font Size
Mozilla: Display > Text Zoom
Opera: Display > Zoom Factor
and choose the desired font size.
- Some browsers also allow you to press the key combination <Ctrl> <+> or <Ctrl> <-> to increase or decrease font size.
Since browsers only permit unsatisfactory display of diagrams, long lists and longer texts, we provide the option of downloading such documents in pdf format. This format is independent of operating systems, but will require an additional program.
You can either open pdf documents directly or save them on your hard disk:
- To open a pdf file, simply click on the link in the text. This will open up a new window where the file will be loaded. Depending on file size and internet access used, this may take a few seconds or minutes.
- In order to save a pdf file, right-click on the link in the text. Select "Save in…" and then select the folder where the file is to be saved.
The "Sitemap" gives you an overview of the content of our website.
If you are looking for something in particular, you can use the search function. Enter one or more terms in the search window at the top right hand corner, and then click on the button with the magnifying glass symbol ("Start Search"). All pages of the City of Nuremberg website and of all City departments will be searched for these terms.
All our web pages are prepared in such a way that the relevant contents may be printed in A4 portrait format. Click on the symbol "Print Page" which may be found at the bottom of each page to display a print preview.
In order to give a clear characterisation of the links on our web pages, we use different symbols.
- Internal Link
- characterises a link within the City of Nuremberg website
- External Link
- characterises a link outside the City of Nuremberg website, and this link will open up a new window
- characterises the link to a pdf file
- Jump Link
- jumps to particular content on the respective page
- To Top of Page
- jumps to the top of the respective page
- Start Panorama
- starts an interactive panorama view in a new window
- Close this Window
- closes the window in the interactive panorama view
- Start Search
- starts the search function
- Print Page
- displays print preview of respective page
- Write Email
- opens your email program
When designing our website we have, as far as possible, followed the guidelines of the regulations on the provision of barrier-free information technology according to the Law on Equal Opportunities for People with Disabilities (Regulation on Barrier-Free Information Technology). The pages are not yet completely barrier-free, though. We are continuing work to improve them.
Please send any advice, suggestions and criticism by using our contact form.