Nuremberg. Where the future is alive
Modern Nuremberg is a site known for its high technology, industry and innovative services. With a population of half a million, the city is the core of the European Metropolitan Region of Nuremberg, one of the ten largest business centres in Germany and home to more than 3.5 million residents. The European Metropolitan Region of Nuremberg is among the most dynamic high-tech regions in Europe, based not least on the stable economic structure and on its 168,000 companies.
Nuremberg combines substantial business potential with a high quality of life – the best prospects for turning opportunities into success.
Economic Power + Dynamics of Innovation
- Nuremberg provides a heterogeneous and stable economic structure to a balanced mix of more than 25,000 companies.
- Gross Domestic Product of 27 billion Euro for the City of Nuremberg
- Excellent development potentials in the seven fields of technological competence and in the innovative services sector: medicine and health – information and communications – energy and environment – transport and logistics – new materials – automation and production engineering – automotive
- Competences in key cross-sectional technologies including digitalisation, embedded systems and power electronics rovide new impetus for innovation across industries.
Location + Infrastructure
- Airport: international Airport with direct connections to all major European economic centers and 3.3 million passengers
- Motorways: junction of the European highway network and gateway to the neigh boring East European states
- Rail: intersection of ICE and international longdistance lines
- Port: on the Main Danube Canal, the only waterway route between Western and South Eastern Europe – most modern and largest trimodal logistics center in Southern Germany in the port area, total area 337 hectares, annual transshipment of about 15 million tons (water, rail and road)
- International exhibition and congress center with some 120 national and inter national exhibitions and congresses (e. g. Spielwarenmesse®), and approx. 170,000 m2 of hall display area
Science + Inventive Genius
- Application-oriented research and strong interdisciplinary communication between universities and research institutions characterize Nuremberg as a base of scientific knowledge.
- An industry-based research and development centre for the future-oriented energy and urban infrastructure markets is evolving in the western section of the city and will create a northern-Bavarian pivot for energy, environmental and sustainability technologies.
- The City of Nuremberg and its surroundings are home to 30 universities with more than 150,000 students – ideal conditions for getting future markets moving
Urbanity + Quality of Life
- A balanced mix of tradition and innovation, urban culture and intact nature make Nuremberg an ideal place to live and work.
- Pure nature: 480 ha of public parks and greenbelts and 370 ha water
- Cultural city of short distances: Non-stop cultural highlights
- One of the safest cities in Germany with a population over 530,000
- Focus on families: 420 day-care centers
Creative Thinking + Progress
New ideas are the foundation of all innovation. Through open dialogue and hands-on support, Nuremberg provides the finishing touch your organization requires to turn opportunity into success.
Nuremberg is well on the way to becoming the innovation capital of the future.
Be part of it!
City of Nuremberg
Office for Economic Development
Telephone: +49 (0) 911 / 231 - 62 60
Fax: +49 (0) 911 / 231 - 85 25
To encoded transmission of your message: